Aluminum is a space age metal that form the skin of aircrafts and soda pop cans. It is a highly reactive element that readily combines with oxygen. Nutritionally there is no know us for aluminum. Metabolically, aluminum is absorbed in the most minute amounts, since it always finds a molecule to react within the digestive fluids of the stomach.
Disorders of the brain such as: Alzheimer's Disease, Parkinson's Disease and Down's Syndrome are thought to be associated with abnormal absorption of aluminum in specific areas of brain tissue. The presence of aluminum, especially in the brain blocks the normal reactions that involve the mineral zinc.
Sources of Aluminum Exposure
- 1. Cookware/utensils
- 2. Cans made with aluminum
- 3. Antiperspirants (Aluminum Chloride) which can drain into the breasts which can cause breast cancer
- 4. Aluminum Chlorhydrate
- 5. Anti-caking agents
- 6. Table sugar/table salt/baking powder
- 7. Emulsifiers in some processed cheese
- 8. Bleaching agents used to whiten flour, sugar, salt, baking powder.
- 9. Aluminum foil, food wrap, cigarette filters
- 10. Antacids (Aluminum Hydroxide)
- 11. Some toothpastes, cosmetics and many prescription medications
Aluminum Free Choices
- 1. Surgical grade stainless steel/iron/glass cookware
- 2. Antiperspirants made of rock salt/tea tree oil/sage or deodorants that say Aluminum free on lab el
- 3. Raw Honey
- 4. Natural rock salt/sea salt/mineral salt
- 5. Rumford baking powder
- 6. Herbal nutrition
- 7. Fresh fruits & vegetables